- Managing task schedules
- Creating task schedules
- Copying task schedules
- Perform task planning for these schedules
Via these buttons in the task templates the task schedules can be accessed: :
Tip: The number on the button indicates the number of schedules for this task. To make a task available for automatic scheduling, at least one task schedule must be available, otherwise the task will only be available for ad hoc scheduling in the task board.
A click on the button opens a modal with a list of the schedules for this task:
Clicking on a schedule opens the underlying schedule lines:
- Schedule name
- Plan before deadline: the number of days before the deadline that the task will be scheduled. This parameter determines the calculated planning date, but no longer counts when a specific planning date is entered on the lines.
- Line type: A line of type ‘Repeated annually’ is repeated every year. A line of type ‘One time’ will only be executed on that specified date. For the ‘Annual account’ and for the ‘CIT’ specific types exist because the deadline has to be calculated according to a specific formula.
- Deadline: the date on which a task has to be finished.
- Planning date: The date on which a task will appear on the task board. A date shown in italic is calculated based on the ‘Deadline’ and number of ‘Days before deadline’. A date you enter yourself is not shown in italic and does not change with the number of ‘Days before deadline’ anymore.
You can remove a line via the dustbin, to add a line click on "+ add line". A new line appears immediately with a suggested deadline date, which you should check and adjust. Then confirm with a click on the green check mark.
Changing when a task is planned is therefore possible in 2 ways. Example: (quarterly VAT declaration)
You can modify the number of ‘Days before deadline’ at the top right. You will see that the calculated planning date will change in the lines below. But you can also enter the date on each line separately on which the task should be scheduled. Only a date you entered yourself can be changed or cleared.
Creating task schedules
You can also create a custom task schedule.
Click on the ‘+ Add schedule’ button to do so.
In the dialog you can enter all details. Via number of lines you can immediately have a certain number of lines ready in your new schedule. You only have to set the data correctly. Click add and the new schedule wil appear on your list:
Click '+ add line', adjust the deadline date and confirm by clicking the green check mark.
If you want to create your own schedule you can also start from a copy: click on the copy icon at the right side to copy a schedule completely.
New tasks are typically processed during the nightly task processing. However, if you have modified the schedule, you can also apply these changes immediately by clicking this button :